- 1/2 cup(s) farro (may substitute quinoa, bulgur, whole wheat couscous, barley or another whole grain)
- 1 can(s) beans, garbanzo (chickpeas) 15 oz. (preferably no-salt-added or low-sodium), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pounds peas, sugar snap trimmed and cut into thirds
- 4 apricots fresh, diced
- 3 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
- 1 pinch salt, Kosher
- 1 pinch pepper, black
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
Farro Salad with Chickpeas, Apricots and Sugar Snap Peas
Farro has a chewy texture and slightly nutty taste. Here I pair it with fresh apricots, which contribute a lovely, sweet honey flavor to the salad (feel free to substitute chopped fresh nectarines or dried apricots).
- Prep time 5 mins
- Total Time 25 mins
Prepare the farro (or desired grain) according to package directions. Rinse and cool to room temperature.In a medium bowl, combine the cooked farro, chickpeas, sugar snap peas, and apricots.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt (if using), and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Pour the dressing over the farro mixture and stir until the dressing evenly coats the salad ingredients.